11/23/2011

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.


"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

I'm re-reading The Lord Of The Rings and this is definitely one of my favorite parts of these books.  It's part of a conversation Frodo and Gandalf have at the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring (while in the movie they have this conversation in Moria).



In my opinion this scene is one of the most important scenes in the whole movie. Because what Gandalf says about Gollum is very meaningful too, I think.



To quote the book (also at the beginning): 

"He deserves death."
"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends. I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it. And he is bound up with the fate of the Ring. My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, or good or Ill, before the end; and when that comes, the pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many - yours not least."

The Lord Of The Rings will always be my all time favorite movie and book. That's a fact. ;D

Damn, now I really want to watch the movies again xD  Maybe I'll watch them at the weekend or so :)


See you in the showers, 
Alina

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen