10/22/2011

Green Day is better than you.



Yes they are ;D They are the best. I don't know what I should do without them. And I don't know who I would be without them. I'm pretty sure I would be a different person. They changed me and my life for a better. 
Green Day was the first band I was really obsessed with and I still am.

I listen to them for over 5 years know. It started in early 2006 when I was chatting with a girl who was a huge Green Day fan (at least I thought this at that time: Today I know that she had no clue and only knew American Idiot xD) She always told me about Green Day and to be honest it really got on my nerves. She had an own homepage with some Green Day music videos on it ( American Idiot, Holiday and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams). So one day  I was really bored and I decided to watch some of the videos on her homepage. I already knew Boulevard Of  Broken Dreams (and Wake Me Up When September Ends) but I've never seen the video before. It didn't take long and I fell in love with the Holiday video and the song itself. I watched it several times every day. I liked the American idiot video too, but Holiday was my favorite. And this song (and the video) was the reason why I asked my mother to buy American Idiot.  

I wasn't really impressed when I listened to is for the first time. To be honest I thought that all the songs sound the same. And I didn't understand why somebody would make songs which are 9 minutes long.  The album was pretty lame to me. 
Today I'm really glad that i listened to it some more times, cause it took while until I fell in love with it. 
The second album I bought was Dookie, which was pretty different  from the Green Day stuff  I knew at that time. But it became one of my favorite albums of all time. And She one of my favorite Green Day songs. 
I think my third Green Day album was Bullet In A Bible, which contains an awesome live DVD and CD. The best live DVD from Green Day I think Awesome As Fuck is really good too, but Bullet In A Bible has something that Awesome As Fuck doesn't have. Maybe it's the relationship between the band and the audience. I don't know. 

I've been to two Green Day shows. The first one was in 2009 and the second one in 2010. Both shows were amazing. And I can't wait  to see them again. No way is too long and no ticket too expensive to see Green Day live ;D  

Sometimes it maybe seems like blink-182 is my favorite band. And sometimes I maybe think so too. But there are moment I realize that I love Green Day more and that they'll always be my favorite band. They have a really special place in my heart, because their music was there for me when no one else was. When the wish to listen to a new album someday was the only reason for me to get out of bed every morning. 
So it's true: Green Day is better than you! ;D

See you in the showers,
Alina

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen